With its unrivalled surrounding scenery, Perthshire provides a picturesque playground for a huge variety of sporting pursuits and competitions.
Perthshire plays host to several high-profile challenges throughout the year, with the exciting woodland trails on Kinnoull Hill providing a natural assault course for The Spartan Race, Muckmedden and Fair City Enduro.
If you are a keen golfer then do not forget your clubs on your visit to Perth, as we are home to one of the most famous courses in the world, Gleneagles. We are also only a 45 minute drive away from the home of golf – St Andrews. For more information on golfing in Perthshire, please click here.
There’s something for everyone in Perth, whether you want to watch, compete or just keep yourself active.
- Try kayaking and paddle boarding in the River Tay with Willowgate Activity Centre
- Go white water rafting with Nae Limits
- Play golf at the prestigious Gleneagles course in Auchterarder or the unique King James VI golf club, located on an island in the middle of the River Tay!
- Back a winner at the races in the beautiful grounds of Scone Palace at Perth Racecourse
- Cheer on our local football team St Johnstone, from the stands at McDiarmid Park.
- The North Inch and South Inch parklands are popular venues for joggers and regular Parkrun events
- City-centre gym and swimming pool facilities are provided by Live Active, Bannatynes and Fit4Less.